Welcome to episode #198 of Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast. When you ask people working in Digital Marketing how they develop their strategy, most of them look at you the same way a dog does when you talk to it (sideways). Nilofer Merchant lives in the world of helping companies (Adobe, Apple, Nokia, etc…) figure out not just their business strategy, but how to create and engage in a culture of strategy that is ongoing and iterative. I had the please of meeting Merchant in person at TED this past year and we became fast friends. She is the author of one of the best business books on strategy in the past long while titled, The New How, and she is also an excellent public speaker. As founder and CEO of Rubicon, she helps brands like Hewlett-Packard, Pinnacle, Logitech, Openwave, Symantec and others to create winning business strategies. Also, if you have never heard of an "air sandwich" or "murderboard", then you really should take a listen. Enjoy the conversation…
- Running time: 33:17.
- Audio comment line – please send in a comment and add your voice to the audio community: +1 206-666-6056.
- Please send in questions, comments, suggestions – email@example.com.
- Hello from Beautiful Montreal.
- Subscribe over at iTunes.
- Please visit and leave comments on the Blog – Six Pixels of Separation.
- Feel free to connect to me directly on Facebook here: Mitch Joel on Facebook.
- or you can connect on LinkedIn.
- …or on twitter.
- Facebook Group – Six Pixels of Separation Podcast Society.
- In a perfect world, connect with me, directly, through Facebook.
- Six Pixels of Separation the book is now available.
- Episode #28 of Media Hacks is coming soon and it features:
- Chris Brogan – New Marketing Labs – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- C.C. Chapman – Managing The Gray – Campfire.
- Hugh McGuire – LibriVox – Bite-Sized Edits – The Book Oven.
- Christopher S. Penn – Blue Sky Factory – Marketing Over Coffee.
- Julien Smith – In Over Your Head – Co-author of Trust Agents.
- In conversation with Nilofer Merchant.
- Author of The New How.
- Nilofer on Twitter: @nilofer.
- New Leaf – ‘Magic Carpet’.
Please join the conversation by sending in questions, feedback and ways to improve Six Pixels Of Separation. Please let me know what you think or leave an audio comment at: +1 206-666-6056.
Download the Podcast here: Six Pixels Of Separation – The Twist Image Podcast – Episode #198 – Host: Mitch Joel.
Tags:adobeadvertisingair sandwichapplebite size editsblogbloggingblue sky factorybook ovenbusiness strategycampfirecast of dadscc chapmanchris broganchristopher s penncrayondigital marketingfacebookfacebook grouphewlett-packardhphugh mcguirein over your headitunesjulien smithlibrivoxlogitechmanaging the graymarketingmarketing over coffeemedia hacksmurderboardnew leafnew marketing labsnilofer merchantnokiaonline social networkopenwavepinnaclepodcastpodcastingrubicon consultingsix pixels of separationsocial media marketingstrategysymantectedthe new howtrust agentstwist image
More at: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/SixPixelsOfSeparation/~3/HtIkmdRcNe0/